What Are The Best Things To Do In London With A Baby? Here Are 10 Of Our Favourites
Want To Know The Best Places To Go In London With Babies And Small Children? We Take A Closer Look:
Here are ten of the best things to do in London with a baby. These are all our tried and tested favourite places to take babies in the city, and places and activities both of my kids loved when they were small.
So, you live in London and have just had a baby? Or planning a trip to the city with your kids?
Are you looking for the best things to do with babies in London?
I first moved to London was I 23. The London to me of those early 20s years was all pubs, bars, clubs, shops, work, restaurants and night buses (and it was brilliantt, right?).
As soon as I had a baby, nearly ten years after that, the city as I knew it became a baby bubble of parks, coffee shops, friends houses and playgroups in our area.
It was a steep learning curve to find the best things to do in London with a baby (when I first had children I didn’t even know the Tate Modern had a children’s area!).
Activities, Museums And What To Do In London With A Baby
There are so many brilliant places to take your baby in London, even though it might seem at first like an adult’s city. But you don’t have to look very far.
In terms of our recommendations and top tips for things to see and do with babies in London, these include museums, galleries, parks, shops, days out, things to see, eat and do, challenges and experiences (as well as all the well-known landmarks in every guidebook, as well as the quirky, less well known, and completely top-secret things).
Here Are Ten Of Our Favourite Places To Visit In London With A Baby:
- The best London parks for children (there are so many parks in London that are child-friendly with brilliant play areas and places to run around and have picnics)
- The Horniman Museum (our absolute favourite!)
- The Tate Modern (read about latest exhibition Mega Please Draw Freely)
- The Discover Children’s Story Centre in Stratford is brilliant for small kids, with a recently revamped garden
- In terms of iconic London museums, we love The Science Museum – a brilliant museum for all ages, and for parents too and The Natural History Museum
- Crystal Palace Park Farm
- Kensington Palace
- Child-friendly afternoon tea at the Sanderson Hotel
- The Southbank and Royal Festival Hall
- The London Transport Museum
- The Florence Nightingale Museum
- London Zoo with toddler
- The Cutty Sark is great too.
You can also read my post on ten of the best things for toddlers to do in London
What are your favourite things to see and do in London with babies?
For more posts about kids and London, read:
- How to get a baby on board badge
- How to get a Zip travel card for children
- And how London changes when you’re a parent
Follow me for more day-to-day adventures in and around London, I’m Gill_Crawshaw over on Instagram.