Here’s how to get a Baby on Board badge...How do you get hold of your own TFL ‘Baby on Board’ badge to use on London’s public transport? I always assumed you just needed to ask at a London tube or overground ticket office and they’d dish you one out…but it turns out that’s not always the case…
Here’s how to get a Baby on Board badge:
How to get a Baby on Board badge…There are actually a couple of different ways in which you can get one. I contacted TFL and they posted out a ‘Baby on Board’ badge to me. This is why the badge in my pregnancy announcement actually belongs to my friend Emily, as my own only arrived a few days later.
- Go to the TFL website, fill out the form here
- Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and address
- You can also call TFL on 0343 222 1234 to order your Baby on Board badge
- And ta-da! It should turn up a few days later (mine took about three, which is pretty speedy)
- You can also get a badge from some – but not all – tube stations – for example, at the King’s Cross Visitors Centre
- The Baby on Board scheme is currently being sponsored by BabyZen and Mothercare, and you can get a free badge in 30 Mothercare stores in and around London.
Would you wear a Baby on Board badge? Here’s what some London mums told me about their Baby on Board badge experiences .
And if you live in London here’s some tips on getting around public transport in London with a pram, for when your baby arrives.