Here’s how to get a Baby on Board badge...How do you get hold of your own TFL ‘Baby on Board’ badge to use on London’s public transport? I always assumed you just needed to ask at a London tube or overground ticket office and they’d dish you one out…but it turns out that’s not always the case…
You actually need to contact TFL and they will post out a ‘Baby on Board’ badge to you. This is why the badge in my pregnancy announcement actually belongs to my friend Emily, as my own only arrived a few days later.
Here’s how to get a Baby on Board badge:
- Go here and fill out your details
- Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and address
- And ta-da! It should turn up a few days later (mine took about three, which is pretty speedy)
- Warning: the badge will turn up in a BRANDED ENVELOPE, so make sure it’s going to a safe address if it’s still early days and no-one knows your news yet
- You can also get a badge from some – but not all – tube stations – for example, at the King’s Cross Visitors Centre.
Despite having my own now, I still don’t think I’d wear it – would you? Here’s what some London mums told me about their Baby on Board badge experiences last year.
And if you live in London here’s some tips on getting around public transport in London with a pram, for when your baby arrives.