27 weeks pregnant: everything that annoyed me this week
An update at 27 weeks pregnant…
If you were to believe popular culture, then pregnant women have around three emotions:
- Open-mouthed shock or extreme excitement at the positive test
- Serene, dreamy, naval-gazing introspection
- Surprise when their waters break, usually over someone’s feet or in a busy shopping centre
But it’s not really like that, is it? Real life pregnancy emotions are more along the lines of:
- Extreme PMT (sounds like a new name for a TV programme)
- Nothing at all
- All of the emotions in the world, all at once
One of the things I rarely see people mention is irritation. And this week, at 27 weeks pregnant, thanks to a mix of not sleeping brilliantly, the heat, the HEAT, and just general stuff, mine has been on the red mist end of a scale that goes from ‘slightly annoying hair brushing against your face’ through to ‘Ross from Friends’ sandwich rage.’
So continuing with the slightly testy theme of the week, here are some things that have annoyed me:
- Our new kitchen not being delivered, several times, and the kitchen providers not being anywhere near remorseful enough
- Not having cake in the house
- Someone buying me cake, but it being the wrong type
- People standing in the pram section of the bus
- Oh thanks middle aged man sat nattering in the priority seat, I didn’t want to sit down at all
- Those useless bits of ribbon that are sewn into clothes
- Most things
- Someone (mentioning no names) suggesting that I was being irrational and hormonal and I should ‘just cheer up.’
To borrow the name of a certain popular Mumsnet message board…am I being unreasonable…or not?
I have calmed down though, slightly – to the relief of the youngest and oldest members of my immediate family – and have resumed sobbing infront of the TV (24 finale! Arghhh).
As I’m actually writing this on time, for once, at 27 weeks pregnant. I’m just about to hit 28 weeks, meaning the third trimester, and our next growth scan. Which I’m really looking forward to, especially as we’re taking Eliza with us. I can’t quite get my head around it being the first time my two children will come face to face, but it sounds like it’ll be something special.
P.S. my dress is from H&M!