An update at 22 weeks pregnant…
Ah, 22 weeks pregnant – the week was gloriously sunny, and the first time someone I don’t know asked when I was due (so I must now actually look pregnant). I do feel a lot more pregnant at the moment, and it’s more pregnant in a lovely way; bigger baby kicks and much more movement. I’m pretty sure we’ll stick with two, so I’m trying to savour these moments.
I was also asked about pregnancy cravings this week. But alas, I don’t think I really have any. Gherkins? I’ve always loved them anyway. Cake and biscuits? Never really stopped eating them from last time. I’m not sure there’s anything weird or unusual I just have to have. So far, so normal this pregnancy.
But then I thought about it, and realised there are lots of things I’m craving. And it’s all the experiences, drinks, tastes and sensations that I either can’t have or am not allowed to. As follows;
* A night of sleep that doesn’t have a 5am sunlit toddler wake-up call (what did people do pre-iPad and Netflix?)
* Standing outside the pub after work, in a Soho street, drinking beer
* Floating in the rooftop swimming pool of the Miami hotel we stayed at pre-conception #1
* Sitting in a sunny pub garden, having an evening of one glass of summery rosé, then another, that quickly turns into several bottles and the last train home
* Distressed boyfriend jeans (it’s silly to buy jeans when it’s warm, especially when I’m only pregnant for four more months…right?)
* Eating salami from the packet in our dark kitchen, where the only light is the dim glow of the fridge
* A giant cheeseboard of unpasteurised goodness at the end of a lovely long dinner
* Champagne on a school night, for no reason
So that’s what I’m craving at 22 weeks pregnant. What’s everyone else craving – or missing – this time?