Maternity jeans are like fairy tales, if you think about it. You have to kiss a lot of frogs (try on / buy a lot of pairs) before you find your prince (the ever-elusive pair that looks great, stays up and is comfortable).
But I think I might have finally found mine, and they’re not from where I would have expected…
Once past hairband stage, I prefer maternity jeans to be as fitted as possible to even out a bump-tastic top half. Last time, I bought a couple of pairs which were all disappointingly awful (not nearly skinny enough, went baggy really quickly, constantly fell down) before finding a pair I loved from H&M.
But this time? The spell had worn off. They just didn’t fit right or feel like ‘the one’ any more. I was tempted by something different. I ummed and ahhed over several different pairs. I ended up buying none of them.
But when Mothercare sent me a pair of the Blooming Marvellous maternity boyfriend jeans to try out, it was love at first sight.
What’s so great about them?
* They are over-bump jeans with a waistband that’s fits really well, so there’s no need to constantly hitch them up as you walk anywhere
* Style-wise, they are a casual boyfriend design but are still pretty fitted
* Did I mention the fit? I find it really hard to buy jeans, but these are brilliant
* They are über comfortable
* The waistband is stitched inside the jeans, which means you can easily remove it for post-baby wear
* And the price? They cost a really reasonable £30
* My husband doesn’t really ‘get’ them, so they must be good
But I was so impressed with the jeans – and another dress I was sent I’ll be wearing in an upcoming weekly post – that I also bought a stripy top and a pair of maternity jeggings that also really, really fit and don’t go baggy. My husband doesn’t ‘get’ the t-shirt either (so again, it must be good).
So thank you Mothercare! My quest for the perfect maternity jeans is now over.