101 Gender Neutral Names For Babies
Here Are 101 Gender Neutral Names For Babies: Read This List If You Want A Unisex Name For Your Newborn!
Looking for a gender neutral name for your baby? Here are 101 unique gender-neutral names.
A gender neutral name, or a unisex name, is a first name that is not gender-specific, so the name can be given to either a boy and a girl.
What Is A Gender Neutral Name?
Gender neutral names are names that are not gender-specific, meaning they aren’t linked closely to or exclusively used as names for one sex, and can be given to either a boy and a girl.
Gender neutral or unisex names are becoming more common, especially in the United States and the UK where more parents are looking for androgynous names for their babies.
Unisex names tend to be nature-linked, started as surnames, or are names that have crossed over from traditional use for one sex to another.
A gender neutral name tends to sound more modern, fresher and more unique than more traditional names that are heavily linked to one gender.
Make sure you pick a name you love though!
Why Pick A Gender Neutral Name?
You might not want a name that is strongly linked to either sex.
You might want to avoid gender stereotyping from the offset.
You might just love the name!
More Baby Name Inspo:
Here Are 101 Gender Neutral Names For Babies
If you’re looking for a unique gender neutral name for your newborn, here are 101 androgynous names to pick from:
- James (read our nicknames for James).
If You Are Pregnant, Read These Posts:
- You can read the diary of my pregnancy week-by-week
- Taking an NCT class? Here’s what no-one ever tells you
- What no-one tells you about your body after pregnancy
- If you’re in the UK, here’s how to get a baby on board badge for use on public transport (and a zip card if you have an older child!)
- Make sure you follow me over on Instagram, where I’m Gill_Crawshaw