What does everyone have planned for this evening? We are going completely crazy and…staying in, but will be nipping across to the park with champagne to watch the London Eye fireworks at midnight. This means we’ll be seeing off the year in the way we saw it in, although I’ll be significantly less pregnant this time round.
I cried at midnight last year, and I’ll probably cry this year (seriously, hormones! Anything sets me off now). I’ll be sad to see 2012 go as it’s been a pretty stellar year all round, as well as involving the most profoundly life-altering experiences of my life. How was it for you?
2013 will see big and exciting shifts, especially where work is concerned; more soon, I promise. And of course, a certain someone reaches a whole number. I can’t believe my tiny baby will be one! One…And what else?
Here’s some blog highlights from the past twelve months:
- Having a baby featured heavily – here’s my pregnancy round-up in nine months in bump shots and blog posts and Eliza’s birth story
- My most popular posts this year have been six things that surprised me about breastfeeding and me appearing in Pregnancy & Birth magazine
- It’s not all been plain sailing – there were bad weeks, and parenting worry – but it’s brilliant to be able to share it all on here
- I was also thrilled at the response I had to the post I wrote about finding out I was expecting Eliza after fertility problems
- My personal favourite was, unsurprisingly, Welcome to the world, Eliza Grace and I also loved this one about our nicknames for her
- The photos at the top are five I really loved from the past year (I also loved the Pantone Colours book post, just for the amount of fun we had taking the photos)
And finally, a massive, big old celebratory thank you to all of you who have taken the time to read this blog – and then come back and read it again – commented, sent me a message, e-mailed or got in touch. It means an awful lot, so thank you x.