Pregnancy weeks 35 and 36: into 2012 and countdown
I’m writing about being 35 and 36 weeks pregnant all the way from the lofty heights of 37 weeks (full term, finally!). It’s strange how even two weeks seems like a long time ago, now that we’re within scratching distance of the due-date finishing line.
However, looking back there were several notable things that happened during these two weeks:
- New Years Eve; we spent midnight in the park opposite our house, watching the London Eye fireworks along with about 30 of our neighbours who also had the same idea (they were all drinking copious amounts of champagne though – I’m really looking forward to being able to drink like a normal person again). Have to admit I did got ever-so-slightly emotional in the first few seconds of 2o12, at the thought that we’re actually having a baby this year…
- Final growth scan; we have a head down baby in the right position, who has grown perfectly (and still has slightly long legs)
- Both Alex and I went to the 36 week midwife appointment, where we discussed labour options and wrote our birth plan. However this has all changed slightly as we found since then that I’m going to be induced on my due date
- Buying the remaining baby things and getting everything ready, spurred on my the arrival of the first two babies from our NCT group. I’m loving the spare time of pre-baby maternity leave
- We packed the hospital bag (still convinced there’s something vital I’ve forgotten though…is there anything essential you’d recommend?)
And here’s what my – massive – 36 week baby bump looked like, in triplicate:
January 12, 2012 at 12:40 am
Ooooh baby looks low!
January 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm
Apparently the head is about 2/5ths engaged at the moment! Exciting – although the midwife told me that’s no indication of when labour will be (still crossing my fingers for an early arrival before I’m induced though!)
Sarah Stimson (@GoooRooo)
January 18, 2012 at 10:29 am
As a mum-to-be who is merely 24 weeks pregnant I am jealous of all those who are full term! Time is dripping by – surely it has to speed up at some point?
January 18, 2012 at 2:03 pm
It will do, honestly! I can remember feeling like there was ages to go – and then at some point it turns into ‘not long left now!’ Can’t quite believe we only have two weeks. How are you feeling? x
Sarah Stimson (@GoooRooo)
January 21, 2012 at 3:26 pm
I feel surprisingly okay. Tired (although that might just me being lazy). Mostly pissed off with rude commuters who push pregnant women out of the way!
January 19, 2012 at 4:16 pm
Ohhh how exciting! Please keep us posted – you look lovely though – not at all tired and ragged and fed up!
January 19, 2012 at 10:52 pm
Thank you, so lovely of you to say that! Really not long to go now – eek. Am making the most of maternity leave to catch up on sleep (hence not looking tired for once!). Sure it’ll be a thing of the past soon 😉
Nine months in bump shots and blog posts |
May 22, 2012 at 12:01 pm
[…] Weeks 35 & 36: 2012 and countdown […]
2012: a year of bumps, babies and big changes |
December 31, 2012 at 6:11 pm
[…] to watch the London Eye fireworks at midnight. This means we’ll be seeing off the year in the way we saw it in, although I’ll be significantly less pregnant this time […]