I’m writing about being 35 and 36 weeks pregnant all the way from the lofty heights of 37 weeks (full term, finally!). It’s strange how even two weeks seems like a long time ago, now that we’re within scratching distance of the due-date finishing line.
However, looking back there were several notable things that happened during these two weeks:
- New Years Eve; we spent midnight in the park opposite our house, watching the London Eye fireworks along with about 30 of our neighbours who also had the same idea (they were all drinking copious amounts of champagne though – I’m really looking forward to being able to drink like a normal person again). Have to admit I did got ever-so-slightly emotional in the first few seconds of 2o12, at the thought that we’re actually having a baby this year…
- Final growth scan; we have a head down baby in the right position, who has grown perfectly (and still has slightly long legs)
- Both Alex and I went to the 36 week midwife appointment, where we discussed labour options and wrote our birth plan. However this has all changed slightly as we found since then that I’m going to be induced on my due date
- Buying the remaining baby things and getting everything ready, spurred on my the arrival of the first two babies from our NCT group. I’m loving the spare time of pre-baby maternity leave
- We packed the hospital bag (still convinced there’s something vital I’ve forgotten though…is there anything essential you’d recommend?)
And here’s what my – massive – 36 week baby bump looked like, in triplicate: