Nicknames For Edward: 51 Of The Best Edward Nicknames
Looking For Nicknames For Edward? Make Sure You Read This List Of 51 Of The Best Edward Nicknames
Want To Pick Edward As A Baby Name? Here Are The Best Edward Nicknames
If you love the name Edward and are thinking of picking it as a name for your baby, you might be looking for nicknames for Edward. Read this post for the best Edward nicknames.
The name Edward is a classic baby boy’s name that transcends trends and is enduringly popular. As well as being a royal baby name, it also has a lot of nickname potential! As well as the best Edward nicknames, we also look at the Edward name meaning, how popular it is and where it appears on the baby name lists.
What Is The Edward Name Meaning? What Does The Name Edward Mean?
If you’re looking for the Edward name meaning, Edward is a traditionally English given name which comes from the Old English words ‘ead’ which means wealth, fortune or prosperous, combined with the Old English word ‘wea, meaning protector or guardian.
Edward is also a royal baby name, as the name of several English kings and the name of Prince Edward, the current Earl Of Wessex.
How Popular Is Edward As A Baby Name?
- Edward is the 29th most popular boys name in the UK, with 1751 boys given that name in the last fully recorded year for names.
41+ Nick names For The Name Edward
If you’re looking for nicknames for Edward, read this list:
Funny Nicknames For Edward
If you’re looking for funny nicknames for Edward, try one of these:
- Bedward (at night!)
- Eddie Bear
- Teddy Bear
- Big Ted
- Little Ted
- Mr Ed
- Mr Ted
Need Middle Names For Edward?
Love Royal Baby Names?
Searching For More Baby Name Inspo?
- Read more boy’s name nickname posts: nicknames for Jacob, nicknames for Leo, nicknames for Thomas, nicknames for William, nicknames for Harry, nicknames for Oscar, nicknames for Arthur and Archie, and 250+ boys names
- Expecting a girl? Read our unusual names for girls or flower names for girls or two syllable names for girls
- And you can follow me on Pinterest, I’m Gill Crawshaw
- If you’re pregnant, read everything they don’t tell you in NCT classes and what they don’t tell you about your baby’s first year.