12 Things To Do In Bournemouth With Kids
Looking For The Best Things To Do In Bournemouth With Kids?
What are the best things to do in Bournemouth with kids? Here are 12 of the best things to do with kids, babies, toddlers and small children.
I’m talking beaches, seafront, piers and the best things to see and do in Bournemouth.
Bournemouth is a great place to visit with a toddler. My parents moved down to the coast a few years ago from land-locked Shropshire, and now live in Boscombe with a sea view, and lots of cream teas.
We’ve visited since the children were babies and toddlers, and there are a lot of things to do with kids in Bournemouth.
Here Are 12 Things To Do In Bournemouth With Kids, Toddlers and Children
- Of course, the beaches! All the beaches around here are amazing – clear sea, sandy beach. Boscombe beach is really lovely. Our toddlers spent a lot of time happily paddling and running towards the waves. Apparently the local schools have sports day on the beach, how much fun would that be?
- There are lifeguards over the summer, so it’s safe to swim (check first though).
- We love walking on the pier. It’s decidedly non-seasidey and there’s just something very calm and relaxing about it (and Wayne Hemmingway said Boscombe pier was cool, so it really must be)
- If you walk along the the seafront to Southbourne there’s a ventricular railway.
- And if you turn right you can walk or get the land train down to Bournemouth beach.
- Spot the multi-coloured beach huts
- Play crazy golf – for the children, of course…ahem. There’s loads of courses in the area, including one in the Chine Gardens
- There’s also a children’s play park in the Chine Gardnes.
- Food-wise Cafe Boscanova is great, and very child-friendly, although it’s not massive so you’ll need to fold a pram. Urban Reef on the seafront is also good, as well as the takeaway pizza place
- Boscombe high street could be…lots nicer – the only shop of note is the medium-sized Primarni we always have to investigate – but there are a whole load of charity shops, furniture and antiques shops in the area
- And the bonus of being at your parent’s house is babysitting, so a good thing we do when we can is go out for child-free drinks. We like the Urban Beach Hotel
- And Reef Encounter (non-stop surfing videos, and an patio with blankets). Urban Reef is also great for drinks and a sea view; Alex and I had our wedding anniversary dinner there last year