The types of holiday I have taken seem to have varied wildly depending on my age and life stage. My late teens and early twenties were mainly about backpacking in the usual gap year places – India, Asia, Australia. Once I started working it was all city breaks, long haul and as much luxury as possible. Adding children into the equation changed things somewhat – family holidays and even a cruise – but now we have a new baby, I suspect it will be a while before we attempt anything really adventurous overseas.
Staying closer to home and holidaying in the UK makes perfect sense for us this year. But it doesn’t mean we can’t go to places that aren’t new to us. So here are the top five places I’d like to visit this year;
- Brighton – So close to London, and a place I think my beach-loving toddler would be thrilled to visit
- Edinburgh – guilty admission time, despite being about as far around the world as you can go, I’ve never been to Scotland (unless you count the stopover en route to Canada where we didn’t even set foot in the airport – I don’t)
- Bristol – most of my blogging friends are from here, including Eleanor of The Bristol Parent, and I’ve heard so many amazing things (read Eleanor’s article on great things to eat in Bristol).
- Bournemouth – a place we visit a lot, due to grandparents, but we always find new things to do and have such a fantastic time. As well as sun and lovely beaches, there’s lots for children to do in Bournemouth
- London – OK, so it’s cheating adding this to the list for obvious reasons, but I think it would be really fun to be a tourist in our own city, as there’s still lots of things to do with children in London we’ve not got round to doing…yet.
This post is in association with Travelodge, and I’m also giving away one night’s stay in a Travelodge of the winner’s choice.
Leave a comment below via the Rafflecopter widget telling me where in the UK you’d like to visit in 2015. For additional entries, visit the A Baby on Board Facebook page, follow me on Twitter and Instagram.
This prize draw giveaway starts at 12am on Sunday 18th January, and closes at 12am on Monday 2nd February.