What’s It Really Like Having Two Children?
So five months in, what’s it really like as a mum of two children?
Well, it’s a steep learning curve! Going from one to two is tricky – I can’t decide if it’s harder than being a first time mum as you have two children, or easier as you know what to expect this time,
Here’s ten things I’ve learned about life with two children:
- You spend a lot of time saying slightly surreal things like ‘geeeeeentle’ ‘watch her head!’ and ‘no, let’s not play your sister like a bongo’
- The probability of it all kicking off at the same time is an X Factor style 110 %. But the moments where it’s all calm and under control will make you want to run about screaming ‘YEAH! I CAN DO THIS!’
- You look at everyone with more than two children in awe
- The toddler will have the baby in hysterics without even trying, and there’s nothing better than this
- Things there are never enough of – time, hands, sleep, baby wipes, Babybels, clean muslins when you need one, hours in the day for you to moan about lack of sleep and hands,yourself, annoyed looks you can give the people who say ‘you must have your hands full’
- Occasionally you get a forward-looking glimpse of a future where it’s the two of them vs you. This is both slightly weird and completely brilliant
- You develop the double dry hands of doom from twice as much hand washing
- It’s inevitable that at some point the baby will be covered in stickers
- You’ll become an expert at navigating curbs, road bumps and high pavements with a toddler who is balanced on one leg on the buggy board. They’ve only fallen off once
- In spite of all your reservations, you kind of sort of maybe want a third…shhh.
Follow me on Instagram, I’m Gill_Crawshaw