A short note from the sickbay; we have a plague house this week. Eliza has tonsillitis. She’s hardly ever ill, so it’s been very strange. We knew something was up when she started refusing Calpol (I’m pleased to report that Calpol still tastes as good as I remember though. Why don’t more things taste of Calpol? One of the greatest mysteries of adult life, surely).
So here are some random happy things that have been cheering us up over the past few days:
- Did you know there’s a partial solar eclipse on Friday? Not sure how spectacular or visible it will be from London. But to celebrate, the Stargazing programme is back on CBeebies this week, and we’ve been playing on the Stargazing games online
- Dr Ranj was also in an episode of Stargazing, which is quite fitting as Eliza’s been watching Get Well Soon episodes on iPlayer (and the whole house has a “be happy…be healthy…” earworm).
- Two things the grown-ups have been watching on Netflix. Better Call Saul, which is the new spin-off about Saul Goodman, the lawyer from Breaking Bad. And The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, which stars Erin from The U.S. Office
- Sick days remind me of staying at home and trying to watch Neighbours. It’s actually the 30th anniversary of Neighbours this week – I’ve not watched it in years, but imagine it’s a proper nostalgia-fest
- Five month old Florence has been trying out the Fisher Price baby gym, although her new true love is the Jumperoo, which I can also report has just as many magical powers second-time-round
- And how can you not fail to be cheered up by the signs of spring? Light evenings, daffodils, blossom everywhere.
What’s cheering you up this week?