21 thoughts on applying for primary schools
With the primary school application deadline looming large for parents across the land this month, we’ve finally made school choices for our (really nearly) four-year-old…eeek. So here’s 21 thoughts on – finally – submitting the ‘big school’ application:
- Relief! Pressed send. Glad that’s over with and the school application form is finally all submitted. Phew
- But wait…this means…she’s going to…school. *How* is my baby old enough to be going to school?
- Where does time go? Didn’t I just give birth to her five minutes ago?
- And how am I old enough to have a school-age child? Wasn’t I only at school ten minutes ago?
- Did we pick the right school? Maybe we should have gone to see more…
- What if we don’t get our first choice school? What if we don’t get ANY of our choices? * Panic *
- What if she hates it?
- No, she loves pre-school and is already excited, it’s exciting, she’ll love school, won’t she?
- (Also what did parents do in a time before Topsy and Tim to pave the way for major life events?)
- How on earth will we be on time every day when it takes so long to leave the house? I don’t think you can just arrive when you want (can you)?
- What if none of the school mums want to be my friend?
- She’s still too little! Why start so young? Don’t they only start school at six in Denmark?
- Shall we move to Denmark?
- It’ll be nice to have a bit of time back…
- I’ll miss her so much!
- We’ll never be able to go on a cheap holiday again, will we?
- Did we attach all the form scans? Why do they ask for so many random forms? We did put the right school first, didn’t we?
- It’s OK, there’s still nine months to go before school starts, this is ages
- I bet the nine months goes so quickly! Arghhhh
- I’m so going to be the mum sobbing at the school gate, aren’t I…
- How is my tiny newborn old enough for school, already?!
More posts… things they definitely don’t tell you in NCT classes, but probably should, everything you’ll obsess about in the first year and if baby milestone cards were made…for mums. Image from here (tell me everyone recognises it?!)