Applying For Primary Schools: 21 Thoughts All Parents Have
Read My 21 Thoughts On Applying For Primary Schools
If you have a small child, read my thoughts on applying for primary schools. With the primary school application deadline looming large for parents across the land this month, we’ve finally made school choices for our (really nearly) four-year-old…eeek. So here’s 21 thoughts on – finally – submitting the ‘big school’ application:
Applying For primary schools? Here are 21 thoughts all parents have.
- Relief! Pressed send. Glad that’s over with and the school application form is finally all submitted. Phew
- But wait…this means…she’s going to…school. *How* is my baby old enough to be going to school?
- Where does time go? Didn’t I just give birth to her five minutes ago?
- And how am I old enough to have a school-age child? Wasn’t I only at school ten minutes ago?
- Did we pick the right school? Maybe we should have gone to see more…
- What if we don’t get our first choice school? What if we don’t get ANY of our choices? * Panic *
- What if she hates it?
- No, she loves pre-school and is already excited, it’s exciting, she’ll love school, won’t she?
- (Also what did parents do in a time before Topsy and Tim to pave the way for major life events?)
- How on earth will we be on time every day when it takes so long to leave the house? I don’t think you can just arrive when you want (can you)?
- What if none of the school mums want to be my friend?
- She’s still too little! Why start so young? Don’t they only start school at six in Denmark?
- Shall we move to Denmark?
- It’ll be nice to have a bit of time back…
- I’ll miss her so much!
- We’ll never be able to go on a cheap holiday again, will we?
- Did we attach all the form scans? Why do they ask for so many random forms? We did put the right school first, didn’t we?
- It’s OK, there’s still nine months to go before school starts, this is ages
- I bet the nine months goes so quickly! Arghhhh
- I’m so going to be the mum sobbing at the school gate, aren’t I…
- How is my tiny newborn old enough for school, already?!
More posts… things they definitely don’t tell you in NCT classes, but probably should, everything you’ll obsess about in the first year and if baby milestone cards were made…for mums. The Politics of Paw Patrol and follow me on Pinterest
Chloe (Sorry About The Mess)
January 5, 2016 at 5:22 pm
Ah, I remember this well from last year. It’s a relief when you get that application in and it can stop ruling all of your thoughts for a while!
Carie @ Space for the Butterflies
January 5, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Oh yes this was me too last year – add a 22: how long left until we find out which school?
January 5, 2016 at 11:34 pm
Ahh! Try not to worry!
Wishing you the best of luck!
January 6, 2016 at 11:05 am
haha this is exactly what I went through last year. FUN TIMES 😉
January 16, 2016 at 8:14 pm
We’ve just registered our youngest for school and can’t believe how fast time has gone. It’s sad to think this is the last time we’ll be doing it all. What I’ve found most surprising is my husband is freaking out about losing his ‘baby’ as they change so much when they start school.
January 17, 2016 at 10:28 am
Does it get easier when it’s not your first (guessing not from your husband’s reaction!) I know E will love it and she’s already excited, but such a big change isn’t it? x