Here’s five things about pregnancy week 15*
- Baby C is growing up fast! This week s/he grew to the size of an avocado, which seems almost unfathomably big for something so little. Random avocado fact of the day though, is that since getting pregnant I’ve also completely gone off them, despite the fact I used to love them: raw, on toast, sliced up in sandwiches (even typing this is making me feel queasy)
- We spent a lovely long weekend at my parent’s house on the south coast, doing not very much but lots of eating, walks on the beach, and more eating
- Contrary to my great expectations, being pregnant does not improve your crazy golf skills if they’re pretty bad to start off with
- If genetics are a factor, then it looks like I’m not getting a proper bump any time soon – my mum dug out the photos of when she was expecting my older brother, and she was pretty skinny right up until she was about five months
- Back in London, I’m now ploughing my way through What to Expect When You’re Expecting, having previously only digested it in app form (my friend Kirsten – who has a beautiful eight month old girl – very kindly lent me lots of pregnancy and baby books). Obviously though there’s a lot more to expect from the book though, as unlike my bump yet, it’s huge
* Actually written in pregnancy week 15, but posted during week 17 (the blog had some teething troubles – but all is well now).