Two teeth and a turtle; ten texts from the week
Ten texts I sent to Alex this week:
- Tooth number two is FINALLY here
- Oh wait, tooth number THREE is here too…
- Related; we’ve run out of Calpol and it’s raining. Please bring emergency supplies on the way home (e.g. wine)
- Someone just shouted at me on the bus because the baby wasn’t wearing socks or a blanket. What’s wrong with people? (full story about public parent shaming here)
- There’s a turtle in our garden! ! ! I was taking Florence down to look at the tomato plants and found a turtle. Whaaaat is going on? P.S. I’m serious.
- I have secured the turtle in the upturned sandpit lid. It is currently eating lettuce
- Just got Eliza home from nursery. Her face on seeing the turtle :-0 —> 😀
- It’s RAINING. Will he be OK in the sandpit? Can turtles swim? This is like having a third child. With a shell.
- Turtle has gone home to his mummy next door. Eliza currently saying ‘I miss the turtle…’ 🙁 🙁
- We’re going to have to get a pet, aren’t we?
And that was a large portion of last week, in a (tortoise) shell.
Any strange creatures turned up in your garden recently?
Photos: card from The Kid Who (I thought there was a turtley awesome pun in there) / the creature in question / E & F taking a break from turtle watching to read Miffy / pretty biblical clouds on one of the days it wasn’t raining).