Our Favourite Easy Banana Bread With Chocolate
How To Make Our Favourite Easy Banana Bread (With Chocolate Spread!)
Looking for a recipe for really easy banana bread? How about a really easy banana bread recipe with chocolate spread?
Like lots of people we’ve been making a lot of banana bread recently. However, like all parents of small children, we’ve had years’ worth of experience of baking child-friendly banana bread.
And out of all the banana cake recipes we’ve tried, we think ours – adapted from my mum’s old recipe – is the best!
Why Making Banana Bread With Kids Is Brilliant
It’s a strange truth all parents of small children know, that they will either eat bananas immediately or not at all. As a result, you’re often left with a lot of bananas in the fruit bowl going quickly black.
Step forward banana bread, an easy recipe to make with children – everyone loves mashing the bananas – and one that everyone loves to eat.
And the secret to this one is an easy store cupboard ingredient that most people have – chocolate spread.
This easy banana cake recipe doesn’t need to be precise either, so it doesn’t matter if some flour goes on the floor.
How To Make Easy Banana Bread
Ingredients For Easy Banana Bread
- 115 g of soft butter (whatever’s in the fridge)
- 170 g of sugar (whatever’s in the house)
- 225 g of self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2-4 ripe / black bananas
- Chocolate spread (whatever’s in the cupboard! We use a generic supermarket own brand).
- Drop of vanilla essence (not essential).
You’ll Also Need:
- An oven (pre-heat this to 180 degrees)
- Two medium-sized baking bowls.
- A loaf tin (although we’ve made this using a cupcake mould and also a cake tin).
Method For Making Easy Banana Bread With Chocolate
- Peel the bananas and mash together in a bowl. Don’t make them too smooth!
- Mix together the butter and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add the eggs to the butter and sugar.
- Mix the bananas into the other bowl and mix by hand.
- Add the flour and mix. Add the vanilla essence here, if you have it.
- Add to the load tin (it’s easier if you pre-grease it).
- Take small spoonfuls of chocolate spread and swirl into the mixture to create a marbled effect. You can use a fork or a cocktail stick to create the swirls. It depends on how much chocolate you like as to how much you add!
- Bake for around 30 minutes, lower the temperature to 150 degrees and bake for 30 minutes again (this might be trial and error depending on your oven).
- Remove from tray and try to leave to cool before you slice it and eat it.
- We said try!
Recipe Swaps For Banana Cake
- If you don’t have eggs, you can use an extra banana.
- And of course you don’t have to use chocolate spread – this is optional! We love it though…