Friday festive link round-up
Although last weekend was a bit of a write-off, we did briefly nip to Oxford Street for some Christmas shopping, so saw all the lights and displays in full, albeit daytime, glory. The Selfridges windows in the middle photo are definitely the best – don’t you think? – but we also loved the John Lewis decorations on the right too; I remember them from last year when we were picking out our pram pre-baby.
This week we were thrilled to have been included on the Tots 100 list of top 50 UK pregnancy and baby blogs in 2012 – thanks so much! As it’s Friday, here are some other links from the rest of the week:
- Do you love the Christmas lights as much as we do? Read a full round-up of all the ones in London on the fab Little Lambeth blog
- Speaking of which, are you a parent from this area or just in the area next week? If so there’s a couple of Little Lambeth London meet-ups planned, including one on Monday
- If you’re still in need of festive wardrobe inspiration for your little people, then here’s my guide to Christmas jumpers and Christmas costumes for children. Have you bought one yet? We may or may not have a snowman and a Santa on the way…
- And here’s a Christmas gift guide with ideas for everyone else
- Unless you live under a rock, you will be aware of the news about Kate Middleton and Prince William’s pregnancy and the royal baby – read about what Hyperemesis Gravidarum is really like, from former sufferers, on new site Mama UK…
- …or look at children terrified at meeting lovely old Father Christmas. We’re taking Eliza to meet ‘him’ on Saturday, so I will have my camera at the ready (is that mean?!)
- And finally, what’s the best ever Christmas song? Mine has to be The Pogue’s Fairytale of New York, and you can read the fascinating story behind it. I’m also partial to a bit of All I Want For Christmas Is You, but would obviously never admit it in public…oh.
Hope everyone has a good weekend! What do you have planned? We’re getting our tree on Sunday. I imagine it will be a small one this year that we can perch on top of our table, way away from curious little fingers.
P.S. Remember you can like the A Baby on Board Facebook page, or subscribe via email (the box on the right) or follow me via the A Baby on Board RSS feed.
December 7, 2012 at 10:59 am
Loved the terrified Santa photos, will Eliza will be mischievous and pull his beard? Bet she’s fascinated. Why did you go for the Fairytale of New York as your favourite Christmas song?
December 7, 2012 at 11:42 am
I bet she tries! Either that or she hates it and wails (poor baby). We will see 🙂 Love the Fairytale of New York – think it’s the perfect festive song that’s not sentimental and slushy. What’s yours?