Things to do before baby two arrives – the toddler edition
Things To Do Before Baby Two – The Toddler Edition…
What are the best things to do before baby two arrives – when you already have a toddler?
What To Do Before You Have A Baby…
Following my last pregnancy, I made a list of the ultimate things to do before the baby arrives and everything changes (original list here). Wine, sleep, socialising and appreciating your lovely untouched home featured heavily. First time pregnant mums, take note!
As we’re about three months off the arrival of baby two, I thought it might be a good time to revisit the list. But then I realised that as a mum, there’s not much hope for unlimited lie-ins or solo visits to art galleries and long afternoons in the pub, is there?
And this time round, the main changes aren’t going to be for me. Eliza has been the sole focus of our life for two and a half years, and is very excited about being a big sister, but it is a massive change for her.
So instead, I thought it wanted to make a list of the best things to do before baby two arrives, in the time we have left as a three (as well as spending as much time as possible together, just hanging out and doing the normal, everyday things). Here’s what sprung to mind:
The Best Things To Do Before Baby Two Arrives, With Your Toddler
- Spend all the time you can together! For us that involves lots of trips out and making proper headway into our things to do in London when you’re two list.
- Revisit some of your favourite haunts; Crystal Palace park and zoo, the Horniman Museum, and the Science Museum.
- Watch a children’s screening at the cinema together
- Or see something at the theatre while there’s no screaming baby!
- Make sure their room is lovely, so they will have their own haven to play in and escape to if necessary.
- Make sure you’ve printed out photos and updated their baby book!
- Go on a family baby-baby-moon. Last time, Alex and I went to Bruges pre-baby. It involved a lot of sleep, chocolate, chips for two and beer for one. This time, our house renovation budget won’t really stretch to anywhere far, but I thought it would be fun to go to the beach somewhere in our new county and stay overnight
- Go swimming
- Take them to buy a present to give the baby (and also get one for her from the baby – do dolls work well?)
- Lett them chose their own adventures…and have a few days dedicated to whatever they want to do, even if this involves babyccinos, baking, multiple trips to the park and lots of ice lollies, all at the same time, but hey…
Did anyone make a similar list? If you’ve got any brilliant ideas, I’d love to know.
Make sure you also follow me on Instagram