Signs you’re a mum in the autumn
- You want to hunt down the people letting off fireworks after 8pm and give them a really good telling off (Bonfire Night was ages ago …how is this still happening?)
- Despite spending the majority of the hot weather wearing wellies, your child now *only* wants to wear flip flops. Especially when it’s sleeting
- A good proportion of your morning is spent on the ‘Why don’t you wear a winter coat?’ debate
- Your pockets are now constantly full of tissues at all times…
- …that you only remember *after* the wash
- You’re still holding an unbelievably massive grudge against the evil clock change. WHY, time, why?
- Every trip to out is a toss-up between your vaguely stylish coat and your warm, practical one, and the shoes that keep your feet dry vs the ones that look pretty
- You have the winter time CBeebies jingle in your head, constantly
- It’s now getting dangerously close to being too cold to secretly check Facebook in the park without getting frozen hands
- Leaves on the line? More like stuck on your pram wheels
- ‘Tis the season for…wearing novelty seasonal clothes and nightwear…until they outgrow it (pumpkin sleepsuit in December, anyone? Shhh)
- There’s always only ever one glove.
More posts….everything you’ll obsess about in the first year, brilliant benefits of being the second baby and an open letter to sleep