A quick post to say I appeared in the November edition of Mother & Baby magazine with some top tips for how to be a brilliant mummy blogger:
I give some tips on setting up and running a successful blog, along with some suggestions on getting people to actually read what you’re writing about. It was a fun collision between my professional, digital PR / blogging life and my own little baby blog right here.
Read the full article below, but here are the tips for how to be a brilliant mummy blogger:
- Start in style – set up your own site (I’d always recommend you use Wordpress and start off as being self-hosted). Read other blogs, and write!
- Find your niche – read other blogs, identify what makes you unique, focus on this to make yourself different
- Take care – make decisions about how much of your life you share online – of course, it’s totally up to you
- Take it at your own pace – as a parent you don’t really have much time so use it wisely, don’t think you have to write something really long every day
- Network, network, network – share your posts, be active on social networks, read and comment on other people’s blogs.
Here’s some more tips on using apps to help with blogging.