Five things: Christmas charity campaigns to support this festive season
Looking For A Christmas Cause? Here Are Five Christmas Charity Campaigns
If you’re looking to donate to a good cause this Christmas, here are five Christmas charity campaigns for giving back.
- Christmas Jumper Day for Save The Children: Christmas jumper day is a-coming on Friday 15th December, and is the annual festive charity celebration organised by Save The Children. Last year we all had marvellous Pokemon Christmas jumpers, but you can get something much more tasteful over on Selfish Mother. There’s a whole range of charity partners this year including LEON and WHSmith, so lots of different ways to get involved. Remember to donate, too – text DONATE to 70050 to donate £5 and 100% of this goes to the charity.
- First Days: The First Days charity collects preloved baby clothes, toys, equipment and furniture and redistributes them to those who most need them, in all areas of Berkshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, & Oxfordshire. It’s a brilliant and much-needed charity set up by my equal parts awesome and wonderful friend Emma. You can donate cash or old baby products throughout the year, but this Christmas you can buy First Days gift cards that will fund supplies to families in need – ranging from £5 for a month’s supply or baby toiletries to £25 for a new baby bedding set.
- Book Trust: This year you can donate £10 which will mean a Christmas present of a book is sent to a child in care, who might not have anything else. More details here.
- Help Refugees Pop-Up Shop: If you’re in central London you can pop into the Choose Love pop-up shop at 18 Broadwick Street, where you can buy items ranging from emergency blankets to school bags and medical equipment. However, you leave empty handed – as the products you ‘buy’ will go directly to refugees across Europe and the Middle East, thanks to charity Help Refugees. The shop will be open through to January 31st. You can also buy the brilliant Choose Love t-shirts all year round.
- Refuge Christmas gift list: Refuge is a charity that helps women and children who are fleeing situations of domestic violence and each year they create an annual Refuge gift list, where you can ‘buy’ a gift that will be given directly to a woman or child in their care. These gifts range from the practical – gloves and coats – to treats like lipstick and perfume – for people who might not have anything at all this year.