Like most Londoners I have a love / hate relationship with it which is often hate / hate when you just want to get home from work, there are delays galore and you end up wedged under someone’s armpit. And it’s a nightmare to navigate all those steps with a pram. But to celebrate, here’s some random facts about the tube:
- This blog was half named after the ‘baby on board’ badges given out to pregnant women to use on the tube…
- …but I never actually had one of the badges myself!
- When I first moved to London I had a temp job at TFL’s head office and they let me drive the tube train simulator, which was great fun
- When Alex and I first got together and I would stay at his house, I used to conveniently blame ‘delays on the Northern Line’ as the reason I was always late to work in the morning (not true)
- Eliza’s first tube journey was also the Northern Line, Balham to Angel. We met some friends for lunch in Islington
And check out this London Underground infographic from Refresh Accommodation – did you know that half a million mice call in their home? Cosy!